The midterm is Friday, March 5, 5:00pm-7:00pm PT, and the final is Friday, May 14, 11:30am-2:30pm PT. The exams will be proctored over Zoom.
- If you cannot take the exam at the scheduled time, please fill out this conflict form (link TBA).
- If you’d prefer to upload a local recording instead of using Zoom, or you’d prefer to record a screen share and webcam feed instead, please reach out privately.
- If you feel uncomfortable with proctoring, please reach out so you can discuss alternatives with an instructor.
Before the exam:
- Prepare cheat sheets (unlimited, handwritten).
- Download Zoom on your smartphone and experiment with a video recording setup (see below). You can see examples of setups from course staff here. Please reach out privately on Piazza if you are having setup difficulties.
- On the night before the exam, make sure you’ve received an email with a Zoom meeting link and an encrypted PDF of the exam questions.
On the day of the exam:
- Join the Zoom meeting and position your smartphone so that we can clearly see your computer/tablet screen, and if possible, both of your hands.
- When you’re ready to start the exam, open the Gradescope answer sheet. The password to decrypt the PDF will be at the top of the answer sheet.
During the exam:
- Only the exam PDF, the Gradescope answer sheet, and the clarifications page should be on your computer screen.
- Submit clarification requests through the form on the the clarifications page. If your question is answered, it will be displayed at the top of the page. Please check the clarifications page periodically during the exam.
- Don’t worry if your video feed disconnects briefly during the exam.
- If you encounter significant technical problems, don’t worry about video proctoring and focus on finishing the exam.
- We may ask some students to take a short verbal exam after the exam and explain how to solve one or more problems that are similar to an exam question they got right.
- If you encounter Internet problems, write your answers locally and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the exam is over.
- If you need to use the bathroom, just leave the video feed on while you’re away.
- Course staff will not save any images or recordings from the proctoring session after the exam is over.
- Course staff will respect your privacy and not disclose any information from the proctoring session after the exam, except in cases of academic dishonesty.
- Every case of potential academic dishonesty will be manually reviewed, and you’ll be able to discuss the situation with the instructor.
- You have the option to join the meeting with your SID as your display name for anonymity.
- We will tell you who your proctor is before the exam. You have the option to switch proctors for any reason: please reach out privately before the exam if you would like to switch proctors.