The midterm is Friday, October 9, 5:00pm-7:00pm PT, and the final is Thursday, December 17, 11:30am-2:30pm PT. The exams will be proctored over Zoom.
- If you cannot take the exam at the scheduled time, please fill out this conflict form.
- If you’d prefer to upload a recording instead of using Zoom, please let us know on Piazza.
- If you feel uncomfortable with proctoring, please reach out so you can discuss alternatives with an instructor.
Before the exam:
- Prepare cheat sheets (unlimited, handwritten).
- Download Zoom on your smartphone and experiment with a video recording setup (see below).
- On the night before the exam, make sure you’ve received an email with a Zoom meeting link and an encrypted PDF of the exam questions.
On the day of the exam:
- Join the Zoom meeting and position your smartphone so that we can clearly see your computer/tablet screen, and if possible, both of your hands.
- When you’re ready to start the exam, open the Gradescope answer sheet. The password to decrypt the PDF will be at the top of the answer sheet.
During the exam:
- Only the exam PDF, the Gradescope answer sheet, and the clarifications page should be on your computer screen.
- Submit clarification requests through the form on the the clarifications page. If your question is answered, it will be displayed at the top of the page. Please check the clarifications page periodically during the exam.
After the exam:
- We may ask some students to take a short verbal exam and explain how to solve one or more problems that are similar to an exam question they got right.
- Don’t worry if your video feed disconnects briefly during the exam.
- If you encounter significant technical problems, don’t worry about video proctoring and focus on finishing the exam. We may ask you to take a short verbal exam afterwards.
- If you encounter Internet problems, write your answers down and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the exam is over.
- If you need to use the bathroom, just leave the video feed on while you’re away.